Thursday, July 2, 2009

Checkup!

Today was Addison's 9 month check up and she had the super cool giraffe room again! She didn't grow as much as I had thought but she is steadily gaining height and weight so she is on track, I just think she looks so much bigger than she is!!
Weight: 16 pds 8 oz
Height: 27.75"
She has gained almost 2 whole pounds over the past 2 months but only about an inch in height...personally I think they measured her all funky but I let it go ;)
So the first thing that happens when we get in the room is a toe prick to check Addisons hemoglobin, Addison didn't even flinch, she was too interested in her bottle! All of those results came back normal, YAY!
Alex and I had decided before she was born not to vaccinate her on the suggested time schedule and thus far she had had no shots, just heel pricks when she was born. We talked with the doctor today about what vaccinations we should start with and we decided on the DTaP which is for diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis. I'm still uptight about vaccinations but I know it is important, we are just doing one at a time which our doctor says is totally fine. Anyways, I layed Addison down on the table and gave her her bottle, the nurse cleaned off her little leg and then did a deep injection of the vaccine. Addison sort of jumped at first, her face turned red and it looked like she was going to burst out in tears but she just sort of whined for a second and then kept eating her bottle. What a trooper!!! She was in a good mood all afternoon too! I just hope she makes it through the night without a negative reaction or fever, it looks like she will be just fine though. I was so proud of her, Alex and I even took a picture of her battle scars...

Daddy and Addison in the waiting room watching Monsters Inc.

Toe poke

I gotted a shot mommy :(




In other news, we went to Target today to stock up on diapers and bought size 3 cruiser diapers! She has been wearing regular size 2 diapers but we upgraded and hope they will leak a bit less! Addison had a blast in the cart at Target, smiling at everyone!

What a little ham!

Some other pictures from yesterday, look what Little Miss Explorer discovered! Uh-Oh!



Missy Moo and I

5 comments:

  1. That picture in the shopping cart is just too much! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo I am doing a altered vaccine schedule too when you get a sec will you email me yours I just want to compare cuz I am always interested...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a trooper! Shots can be rough on us as much as them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of her lounging in the grocery seat. She is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...your little peanut is 16lbs and ours is already at 14 :) Tell Addison we're so proud of her for being a brave girl!!

    ReplyDelete