Friday, May 29, 2009

Whirlwind

I don't know where the last week has gone but just wanted to update and let everyone know we haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I would say that because of the holiday weekend I have my days all screwed up but I haven't known what day it is since becoming a mommy. Probably the reason why Addison never has the right "day of the week" bib on.
Addison spent memorial day at a sitters so mommy and daddy could have some fun with college friends. It was a nice relaxing day by the pool with friends and plenty of cold Corona but I did look at Alex mid-party and say, "I really don't miss this." It's hard acting like your 18 again ;)
Tuesday marked the beginning of my summer session of school and I have been swamped with reading, essays and exams. Addison has been taking 2-3 hour naps twice a day though so that gives me some down time with which to study even though all I want to do is take a long nap!
We had two playdates this week which is a far cry from our usual weeks of 1-2 playdates a day. I think both Addison and I needed the rest though, sometimes home is what we need.
I took Addison to the sitters house today so I could cram in some schoolwork but I spent the whole time missing her. Sitter said she did really well though, took a long nap and was smiley and playful all day. I picked her up around 5:30 and she went straight to bed when we got home, she is such a rockstar!
Tomorrow Addison and I head to work at 10 and Alex will pick her up at 5 to give her a bath and put her to bed at home. I was just putting her to sleep at work but it kills me when we have to leave and I have to wake her when she is so peaceful.

Some pictures from this past week....

Addison and her friend Katrina both showed up to the playdate in the same shirt. Katrina doesn't look too pleased with the whole matching thing haha

Addison doesn't look very happy here but the picture is just too cute. Her friend Julia is holdiner her hand :)

There's my happy girl!

1 comment:

  1. angela i love that picture on the bottom it is soo precious!

    ReplyDelete