Monday, May 4, 2009

Family and Friends

It was a crazy weekend around our house. My roomates from college came into town to spend a few days with me and to meet Addison of course! Addison loved all of the attention and Chelsea and Crosby really enjoyed getting to know her better. It is really weird and funny and bizarre to see the girls I knew as wild and carefree 18 year olds, to be nurturing "aunties" to your child. I think it was dually weird for them to see me in the mother roll. Alex and I were talking about how crazy it is to recieve emails from high school and college friends and now instead of being pictures and stories about wild spring breaks, it is pictures of their weddings and children.
Naturally, the fact that 2 of my favorite girls were here, meant we made big plans for the weekend and Miss Addison had her very first babysitter. We found a lovely lady who runs her own in-home day care during the day and also offers night and weekend childcare for parents who want that much needed date night. She lives on a beautiful piece of land in queen creek, with dogs and goats of all things. I drove Addison over there around 7pm Friday with her overnight bag packed. I swaddled and fed her and laid her in the crib Nila had set up for her. The tears started as soon as I left the room...I think I cried for about 2 hours. It was so terribly hard to leave her and I thought about her most of the night, although it was a good first step as Saturday night it was easier to leave her.
Alex's dad, Grandpa Grieger, was in town for the day on Saturday and we spent most of the afternoon and early evening with him and Alex's grandma and aunt. Grandpa hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving so naturally he wass shocked at just how much she has grown, how interactive she is and how many teeth she has!!! (I think everybody is shocked by that haha) Addison showed off her rolling skills, sitting up, talking and holding her own bottle among other things. It was lovely to be able to spend a day with family and hope to do much more of it in the future.
As always, pictures from our wonderful times are posted below...


Morning Playtime!



Posing with Daddy and Grandpa


Holding onto daddy tight

Family <3

Addison and Grandpa

Playing!

Addison and Crosby...she looks a lot like Alex in this picture!

The girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment