Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You're unbelieveable!

When I wake up in the morning my baby girl will be 1...I am sad and excited and in utter disbelief that the day is upon us. Addison was born at Good Samaritan hospital in downtown Phoenix on Tuesday September 30, 2008 at 4:02 pm. I was in labor the previous day on and off, I had my iron infusion in the morning and my OB checkup in the afternoon. I had made no progress from the previous week and I was in tears thinking she would never come out. I wasn't due until October 10 so I tried to ignore the labor pains that day. I never fell asleep that night, tossing and turning with contractions coming anywhere from every 2-5 minutes taking my breath away. Three showers later I woke up Alex at 4am and told him I might be in labor. He fell soundly back asleep while I took another shower to calm my nerves and ease the pain. When I got out I crawled back into bed and was going to try and fall asleep when out lovely lab jumped up on our bed with a dead mouse in his mouth. I screamed and Alex went flying out of bed thinking my labor was all a dream..no my friend it's very real and you better get me to the friggin hospital before I kill someone!
We made the hour long drive from Queen Creek to Phoenix,arriving at the hospital around 5:45am. We checked into OB triage and I was at about 2 cm. They suggested I "walk around" for a bit to move things a long but that is the LAST thing I wanted to do! I waddled down to the cafeteria with Alex so he could eat breakfast and within 20 minutes the pain was mindnumbing and I could barely get back upstairs to my triage bed. Within that time I had dilated to 3cm, was given morphine per my adamant requests and then moved to my birthing room. Alex called all of our family to let them know this was the "real thing" while I got my epidural and hooked up to all sorts of fun machines.
At 11 am the dr broke my water and an hour later I was at 8 cm! By 3:30 I was pushing and at 4:02pm Addison Josephine Pelissero-Grieger was born. She was amazing and continues to become more amazing with each passing day. She is the love of my life and sometimes the only reason I get up in the morning or go to work or continue with school...I want her to have everything she needs and wants, never go without. I love you my little snookie!!!

In the cafeteria trying to think happy thoughts

My birthing room

Oh my gosh, I have a daughter!

My amazing nurse Rhonda

Admiring my love

Mommy and Addison having bonding time while daddy ran back to our house

Addison thinks it was a long day...ya no kidding, mommy feels your pain!

Addisons the day after her birth and already dressed to the nines!

Look at that peanut!

OMG so small!

The first of many naps with daddy :)

We are going home! Ironically tomorrow is the day we officially move out of the house that we brought her home to :-/

And as of today my lovie has taken up to 19 consecutive steps, eats everything I eat (but especially loves pizza and pasta!), says "hi", waves, climbs stairs and gives the best bear hugs <3 MWAH!


Goofball!

6 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that she's already a year old. Congratulations on a great year with your baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is deffinately a peanut, but looks exceptionally small in Alex' arms! Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday little girl, I love the hospital bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing to see how much they've grown and changed since we brought them home? And now she's walking??? Wow! Happy Birthday Addison!

    ReplyDelete