Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Missing Child

If anyone has seen the Addison that lived here about a month ago I would greatly appreciate having her back! This new Addison is not quite the angel I had and her 'tude is really starting to get on my nerves.
I've seen a gradual change in Addison and knew that the terrible twos were just around the corner but I'm pretty sure they are here and plan to stay for awhile. Nowadays Addison acts like she doesn't need Alex or I, except of course when she wants to be carried down the stairs (even though she has been doing it herself for months) and when she wants something, which is about 90% of the time. She has decided that her words are a thing of the past and "eh eh eh!" paired with pointing and tears is the way to get everything her heart desires....WRONG. I know what she is capable of and what words she is able to say so when she whines to get these things I really have very little sympathy.
Yesterday morning, Alex slept in and Addison and I were playing downstairs and eating breakfast. When Alex woke up he asked me "What on earth was Addison screaming and crying for this morning?!?" And I had to explain to him that it was simply the fact that she wanted me to wear a headband on my head and I was sick of the game and told her all done...yes that is what sent her into a 15 minute crying fit. This morning's tantrum was the result of my telling her we weren't going to be putting lotion on right now and then putting the bottle out of her reach. She had an absolute fit!
Please someone tell me that this ends and that I will get my sweet daughter back. I am trying to be understanding but sometimes that can only go so far. Like today when she came up and hit me square in the face with a waterbottle, then laughed her head off even as I gave her a firm "NO!" and put her on the stair for a "time out"...she came back 10 seconds later and did the same thing, laughing harder than ever.
I love her, I really do, but sometimes kids make it very hard :)

On a more positive note, my sister Maggie came to visit last week and us girls had such a blast! Maggie got Addison out of bed, dressed and fed almost every morning so I could slowly drag myself out of bed. We went to the petting zoo, pool (which Addison LOVES), mall and my grandmas house and had just the best time doing it! Below are our latest pictures detailing the ups and downs of our crazy life...

Crazy mohawk hair....this is what happens when you leave a pony in for too long!

Addison proudly standing on the kitchen stool that daddy built just for her...she loves helping with the dishes now!

We were cleaning out the van and I wasn't paying the closest attention to her...then I look over to find this...I have never laughed so hard!!!!!

Me asking her what she's doing in the drivers seat! "Just chiiiiilin mama!"

Checking out the goats with daddy at the petting zoo

Saying hi to the ponies with auntie Maggie close by her side

The 3 girls!

Daddy and Addison being too cool

Oh yes, Addison has also decided that she is a big girl and only wants to swing on the big girl swing. Sweet.

Pool time! Addison wore her muscle suit for the occasion! It was the hardest thing to get on and off but it worked great for helping her float!

Me freezing my butt off and Addison taking her sweet time getting into the water!

Practicing our swimming!

Snack time!

Ooooo, you didn't tell me we had Fritos Mom!

Playing on the playground by the pool. She loved this thing because it bounced up and down. Scared me half to death!

St. Patty's day party! And yes, she WAS exhausted :)

Playing on great grandmas back porch!

Happy Mommy, Happy Addison

Chatting on her cell phone

At the Pinal County Fair...it was pretty white trash...The only place where we got to pet a stingray AND see motorcycles ride around in the ball of death!

Helping daddy push the stroller!

Hard worker!

Checking out the scary turkey that had like a five pound tumor of a gibblet..yuk!

Waiting patiently for the "stunt" show...I use that word very lightly ;)

First steps into the water with daddy

So independent! She loved being able to go in and out of the zero depth pool all by herself.

So happy

Dancing in the pool

6 comments:

  1. ok good....i thought katrina was the only one to turn into a monster this last month! good luck, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I tell people that the terrible twos start at 18 mos. R&R were SO tough at that age. There are some really fun times ahead but challenging ones too. I wish you luck as that wonderful age of 2 approaches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol ohhhh Trey has turned into a nightmare these past 2 months too!!!!!!! Very happy he is not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bubba's going through the same ornery spell. It stinks. I'm so tired of the screaming and the whining. I taught him to sign "please" so that I could tell him to ask for stuff nicely instead of him screaming and pointing, but he still always screams first. Argh.

    That stool is really neat. Your husband is pretty talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right there with ya!... Chloe loves tantrums plus hitting other kids, it's sooooo much fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete